WELCOME TO REDFORD UNION HIGH SCHOOL
The Redford Union High School staff is committed to motivating all students to reach their potential by providing a safe, positive and challenging learning environment.
REDFORD UNION STAKEHOLDERS SURVEY
To improve system practices, Redford Union High School is conducting stakeholder surveys. We value your opinion and ask that you take the time to complete one of the surveys below:
JANUARY EXAM SCHEDULE
WEEK OF JANUARY 20-24
MONDAY, JANUARY 20, 2020
No School MLK Day
TUESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2020 - EXAMS
1st hour class 7:15 am to 8:55 am
2nd hour class 9:00 am to 10:40 am
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2020 - EXAMS
3rd hour class 7:15 am to 8:55 am
4th hour class 9:00 am to 10:40 am
THURSDAY, JANUARY 23, 2020 - EXAMS
5th hour class 7:15 am to 8:55 a.m.
6th hour class 9:00 am to 10:40 a.m.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 24, 2020
No classes – Records Day
MONDAY, January 27, 2020
Beginning of Second Semester
REDFORD UNION CREDIT RECOVERY WINTER 2020
- Available to 9th – 12th graders who have failed a core class required to graduate and are in need of credit recovery.
- Classes offered in Math, English, Science, and Social Studies.
- Session date begins Monday, February 25th – Wednesday, June 5th. Seniors must be finished by Wednesday, May 22rd to be considered for graduation in June. The times are Monday and Wednesday from 2:30 - 4:15 p.m. Class meets in room 233.
- The cost is $50.00 per half credit course (cash or money order only).
- The sign up sheet is located in the Counseling Office and will be available Monday, January 13th through Friday, February 22rd. Counselors will contact students and give them a registration sheet by February 22rd.
- Registration is Monday, January 15th – Friday, February 22rd in the main office with payment and the completed registration form. Once credit recovery begins, no refunds will be given for any reason. Students must bring the sheets given to them by the counselors when registering.
- Coursework is self-paced and may be completed before the session date. Attendance is required with no more than 3 absences for credit.
- 30 total credit recovery spots are available.
Students will be enrolled on a first come first served basis from sign up sheet. Preference will be given to seniors first. No refunds will be given for any reason. .
Workforce Development Website for Career Pathways/Job Opportunities
The Workforce Development website is a one stop shop for career resources in Wayne County. This assists students with exploring careers and pathways, job opportunities, planned career exploration events and preparing students for college and employment.
Please go to www.workforce.net for more information.
Redford Union Schools has a common dress code to ensure that no one at school will be harassed or distracted from our focus on learning. Specifically the following items are not allowed to be worn in school:
- Logos that promote drugs, alcohol, or tobacco
- Muscle shirts
- Spaghetti strap tank tops, or tube tops
- Clothing with bare midriffs or crop tops
- Revealing clothing such as shorts that are too short
- Hats worn in school
Students will be reminded of the dress code while at school. Students in violation of the dress code may be sent home in order to change into more school appropriate attire.
We encourage you to have a conversation with your student about the dress code. Thank you in advance for your support in helping maintain an orderly environment focused on the important business of teaching and learning.
Free Bus Tracker App
Redford Union Schools is pleased to announce we now have a Free Bus Tracker App available to all Parents and Guardians to track your child's bus.
It's easy to download and use just go to Google Play or Apple Store and download the "Durham Bus Tracker" app for free. Follow the simple directions and you will be tracking im minutes it's that easy.
You will need your child's ID number before downloading the free app; which can be attained from past or upcoming Report Cards and Progress Reports.
Click here for more information.
Redford Union High School
Redford, MI 48240
Main Office: (313) 242-4200
Fax: (313) 242-4205
Counseling - Carol Harris
(313) 242-4210 please report all absences.