How Student Services Are Accessed

How are Services Accessed...

(Services are accessed through the referral process which varies depending on the age of the child.)

Infant and Toddlers

The Redford Union Oral Program offers services for infants and toddlers who are diagnosed as Deaf or Hard of Hearing. The proof of hearing loss (ear doctor and audiology reports) should accompany the referral. Parents need to contact the referral coordinator at 1-800-EARLYON (1-800-317-5966). 

The RUOPDHH services are provided by an infant/toddler team specializing in hearing loss including an early interventionist, an audiologist, and a speech-language pathologist. The services include:

  • Orientation and support for the use of hearing assistive technology;
  • Support through the grieving process;
  • Information specific to hearing loss;
  •  Auditory-speech-language intervention, directly to child and modeled for the parents;
  • Assistance in connecting with other agencies;
  • Audiology services such as tympanometry.


The parents of children aged 3 or 4 who have been diagnosed as Deaf or hard of Hearing should contact their resident school district's Office of Student Services and request an evaluation for possible services.

School-age Students


The parents of school age children who have been diagnosed as Deaf or Hard of Hearing should contact the principal of their local school and request an evaluation.