Elementary Day Treatment Program
Who doesn't want to have a sense of community whether it is in the neighborhood, an organization or club, or workplace? Community is that sense of belonging one feels when many hearts and minds come together to work toward a common goal and live by a common set of behavioral standards.
In our school, we follow these Lifelong Guidelines:
- Trustworthiness: To act in a manner that makes one worthy of trust and confidence.
- Truthfulness: To act with personal responsibility and mental accountability.
- Active Listening: To listen attentively and with the intention of understanding.
- No Put Downs: To never use words, actions, and/or body language that degrade, humiliate, or dishonor others.
- Personal Best: To do one's best given the circumstances and available resources.
These five Lifelong Guidelines are the agreed upon behaviors for our school. These are the behaviors we expect of others and ourselves. They are the social outcomes we set for our learning community. They also ensure that all students are in an environment that encourages exploring, discovering, and learning. These behaviors contribute to a sense of successfulness, not only in our school, but also in life.
As we venture into learning and living each Lifelong Guideline, we invite you to join us on our journey and provide an important supportive role in the development of our school community. Remember...
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
The Staff of Elementary Day Treatment Program